The Ocean City, Maryland area can be a great place for anyone to visit. This area is full of many great restaurants, shops, and other recreational amenities. One of the key reasons why people continue to visit here is that there is very convenient access to the Atlantic Ocean, which gives you the change to enjoy many different watersports. There are a variety of top watersport activities that you can enjoy this upcoming weekend in Ocean City.
Stand Up Paddle Boarding
If you enjoy an activity that will allow you to have fun on the open water without getting too wet, stand up paddleboarding is a great option. With stand up paddle boarding, you will essentially stand on a board that is similar to a surfboard and move around with the use of a paddle or oar. This can be a fun and relaxing activity to enjoy when the surf is low and the water is calm. It can be a great way to spend some time by yourself or as part of a larger group activity.
If you are looking for some excitement and want to enjoy the ocean waters on your own, one of the top watersport activities to enjoy is jet skiing. In the Ocean City area, there are a variety of options for renting jet skis, which you can enjoy by yourself or share with others. There are flexible rental agreements for those that want to use one for just an hour or an entire day. You can also receive all of the necessary accessories and equipment to enjoy you are able to safely have fun.
Sailing and Boating
There is no better way to spend a day in Ocean City, Maryland than on a boat in open water. Due to this, one of the top Ocean City watersports options is to go sailing or boating. For those that enjoy sailing, there are plenty of places that will rent out sailboats...
As we get into the heart of summer, you may be looking for home renovation ideas for your Ocean City home or condo. If you know you want to do something to change up the look of your home, but are looking for some ideas on where to start, here’s a look at 17 ideas to inspire you as you give your home a new, fresh look.
1. Two Tone Is Out - Three Tone Is In
It’s long been said that the kitchen is the heart of the home, and there’s been a recent trend of using 3 different colors to provide an added layer of depth to the kitchen. Consider having different sections of cabinets be two different colors with a third color on the walls.
2. Wood Cabinets
If you don’t want to take the leap into a tri-tone kitchen, there has also been a resurgence of wood cabinets that provide a simplistic look.
3. Soft Kitchens
2019 saw the trend of “soft” colors become very popular in kitchens, and it’s widely expected that it’s a trend that will continue. Marble backsplashes with soft gray and white cabinets provide a clean, elegant look.
4. Butcher Block Counter Tops
Especially popular on island countertops, a butcher block countertop made of wood breaks up the solid colors of perimeter counters and cabinets.
5. Decorative Sink Panels
Some major companies, such as Kohler, are introducing customizable farmhouse sinks. These allow homeowners to choose a pattern that will be embossed across the front of their sink, allowing you to be as bold or as modest as you want.
6. Thin Materials
Inspired by home renovation trends in Europe, some companies are introducing ultra-thin countertops which give a sleek, modern look to your kitchen. Instead of large, blocky countertops that show 2-inch faces along...
Ocean City, Maryland is a very popular vacation destination for people from all over the country. When you come to visit for a vacation or live there permanently, one of the main draws is the access to a wide range of amazing restaurants. Similar to other cities located across the country, eating in a restaurant in Ocean City has been largely restricted. However, you can still get an amazing meal in Ocean City by ordering takeout from some of the most popular restaurants around. There are five restaurants in particular that are offering great deals and meals for pickup or delivery.
A popular restaurant in Ocean City is Liquid Assets. Whether you are interested in a quick lunch or a full-course dinner, Liquid Assets offer a contemporary culinary approach that delivers delicious traditional favorites from scratch with local, freshly prepared, high-quality ingredients. Some of the best things to try are their Kung Pao Calamari, Wagyu Burger and Gourmet Grill Cheese. This place will definitely make your time in Ocean City one to remember. Take a quick peek at their menu and have the phone close as there is something for everyone.
The Rice House Bistro has been combining the art and precision of Asian cuisine since 1987. This place has become an Ocean City landmark and many will tell you that you can’t leave until you try it. They offer not only the best sushi around, but they also have amazing Asian, seafood and steak dishes. I recommend the White Tiger and Dragon rolls,...
I get asked all the time what there is to do in Ocean City, MD when the temperatures cool down. The off-season and especially the holidays are some of the best times to enjoy this beautiful beach community. Below are the top eleven things that my family and I like to do during the holidays in Ocean City and the surrounding areas.
1. Check out a local Christmas parade. Mark your calendars for Saturday, December 1st for the Ocean City Christmas parade! The parade will start at 11am on Old Landing Rd. and march northbound to 120th street. The event will feature more than 50 units, including high school bands, horses, antique cars, colorful holiday floats, and more. Continue the parade fun later in the week at the Berlin Christmas parade, scheduled for Thursday, December 6th at 7pm. The Berlin Christmas parade, celebrating its 150th anniversary, will bring the town of Berlin to life and light as floats, bands, firetrucks, and more parade down Main Street.
2. Support a good cause. Christmas and the holiday season in general is a time when most people’s thoughts turn to giving. And thankfully, Ocean City has no shortage of charitable events to take part in. Whether it’s as small as donating canned goods to Diakonia for their annual food drive, or as big as taking a plunge in the ocean on New Year’s Day to support our not-for-profit community hospital, there are many ways to give back at the holidays and have fun while doing so.
3. Light up your night. Each winter, Northside Park transforms into a magical winter wonderland with its annual Winterfest of Lights. This award-winning light display includes a trolley ride through Northside Park with over one million Christmas bulbs and music to go along with it! Open every evening from November...